Friday, January 1, 2010

All is quiet on New Year's Day....


And that's just fine with me! It's been a fabulous December, but also very busy! I've been running my legs off with the holiday preparations and travelling and I haven't had much time for my painting. I have so many ideas floating around in my head right now that it's beginning to crowd out the other stuff. Like paying bills and balancing my checkbook. Ahhh, it was nice to escape from reality for a bit, but I guess I better get back on track now. Today we'll probably take the tree down. It's my cat Petey's favorite hangout during the holidays. He loves to gather up all of his toys and put them under the tree. I think its his form of shopping for gifts, but since they are all for him, he's a little self-centered.

My usual New Year's day fare is a big pot of black eyed peas, ham and cornbread. It's a southern tradition and the peas are supposed to bring you luck and prosperity in the coming year. Well, I was a little late buying my peas this year and the grocery store was all out! We're going with red beans instead. I wonder what red beans bring you? (besides gas...) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for luck.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment